The Book Thief Challenge: 03/24/09
This challenge is all about getting to know the thief. You may pick how many books to read (since I know a lot of you have many other books to read!):
- 1-3 books ~ Pickpocket
- 3-6 books ~ Candy Shoplifter
- 6-9 books ~Bank Robber
- 9-12+ books ~ Grand Thief
- The book can be of any genre (fiction or nonfiction) but must have some relation to thieves/theft. The book can have the word "Thief" in the title, can be about thieves, can involve a scene where something is stolen, etc. Use your imagination if necessary.
- Since this started later in the year, any thief-related books may be added to your current list.
- Please sign up with Mr. Linky. Make sure the link you added leads to your list/post not just your blog.
- Please feel free to use books you read here for other challenges too!
- It's not required for you to pre-list your books
- The challenge begins today and ends December 31st, 2009
To join in the fun, sign up at The Younger Reader.
My tentative list includes:
- The Bookman's Wake by John Dunning
- Chasing Cezanne by Peter Mayle
- Encylcopedia Brown and the Case of the Mysterious Handprints by Donald J. Sobol
- Flood Tide by Clive Cussler
- A Rebel in Time by Harry Harrison
- A Stainless Steel Rat is Born by Harry Harrison
- A Thief of Time by Tony Hillerman
- Dead Sea Cipher by Elzabeth Peters
- Jimmy, the Pickpocket of the Palace by Donna Jo Napoli
- Lullabies for Little Criminals by Heather O'Neill
My Actual list includes:
- The Secret of Lost Things by Sheridan Hays
- Blaze by Stephen King
- The Sneakiest Pirates by Dalton James
- The Silent Man by Alex Berensen
- R is for Ricochet by Sue Grafton
books | challenge